Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I have a 1999 wv beetle, I need to change water pump, is there anybody can tell me how?

I did change water pump before but not on wv beetle?I have a 1999 wv beetle, I need to change water pump, is there anybody can tell me how?
These waterpumps do tend to go bad early - fault of crappy plastic impeller. Make sure to get a pump with a METAL impeller when you change it. They are available online.

Also do the timing belt at the same time - saves you labor because you have it apart already to do the pump.

Also you need to check out 2 forums:I have a 1999 wv beetle, I need to change water pump, is there anybody can tell me how?
For a detailed description on how you do it, go to www.pdffiles.org/search-volkswagen-beetl?



Put this in the search box:



Volkswagen New Beetle Service Manual: 1998 - 2002. Click then download the pdf file.



Good luck!
If you don't have the skills to locate the BENTLEY Manual for your car(available at the dealer or on line from bentleymanuals.com, I have serious doubts about your doing a timing belt which has to come off and go back on to do the water pump. I also can't picture a water pump going bad in under 15 years or 150,000 miles.



Spendy job, so please be sure before disassembling.



OH and if you mess up on the timing belt you can bend the valves and cost yourself around 1,500 US dollars.



ASE Cert Auto Tech, 92 GTI 16V 2.0L
refer to the repair manual for a guide or visit a shop for help and pay, before you start breaking stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment