Sunday, November 21, 2010

Changing water pump on Chevy Silverado. Remove water radiator?

I am about to change the water pump on my 2000 silverado. I just bought the maintenance book so I know basically how to do it. My question is does the radiator have to come out to change the water pump or can I just take the fan off. and if so how?Changing water pump on Chevy Silverado. Remove water radiator?
the special tool he mention is basically for fords and imports. gm fans are mostly bolted on with 10 mm bolts, anyway just take off the fan the radiator can stayChanging water pump on Chevy Silverado. Remove water radiator?
the fan comes of with a special tool and some of them are reverse threads(clockwise to remove). you will need to rent or buy the tool that has two large wrenches, one to loosen the fan bolt and one to go across the 4 bolts that hold the pulley on to the pump. The upper shroud comes off and it is smart to drain the radiator first to make less of a mess
I just just put a new water pump on my 2000 silverado.

You do not have to take the radiator out, just be careful not to ''poke'' any holes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment