Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the cheapest way for me to get my timing belt and water pump changed?

I have a 2002 mitsubishi galant (4 cylinder). It has about 82,400 miles on it and I am in need of a water pump and timing belt. I want to save the most money and is wanting some suggestions on how to do so. Thank you!What is the cheapest way for me to get my timing belt and water pump changed?
Depends where you are.What is the cheapest way for me to get my timing belt and water pump changed?
go to a few mechanic,s get estimate
Go to a high school or vocational school and have it changed. They usually charge less than half of the price of a garage. Try word of mouth or spread the word around your church you need a mechanic.
Get a service manual, read about it, do it your self. That's the cheapest way to do it.
Well, if you know what you're doing, then do it yourself. If there's someone close to you who is a mechanic, then have them do it. Otherwise, your only option is to bring it to a mechanic. You can probably shop around and get some estimates on how much it will cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment