Monday, December 12, 2011

How to know what kind of water pump my D16Z6 Honda Engine has, as well as how to change it.?

I have a 94 Civic EX with a D16Z6 engine, need to change the water pump, but not sure which one it has, I have seen 2 types, the internal (inside the timing housing) and regular hooked up to the belts, not sure which one I have and how to change it, the internal one, the outside one is straight forward.How to know what kind of water pump my D16Z6 Honda Engine has, as well as how to change it.?
here is a link to changing a water pump. i assume it is the same for all the civics, under the timing belt cover. be aware that getting the crank pulley off is very difficult. it is on with incredible torque. i just did one on a civic similar to yours but i am not sure of the year. i used a 1/2 drive with a 20'; extension to get to it. i also used a six foot pipe on the end of my wrench to get enough torque to break it free. u also need to find a way to keep the engine from turning while trying to break free the bolt. some hondas have a hexagonal insert in the crank pulley which allows you to use a special tool available on amazon.com. others have a crank pulley with holes in it that need another tool to hold it still which i do not know where to find. drop me a line if u need any further help.
  • database
  • programming
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment