Monday, December 12, 2011

I need help with installing a water pump on my Ford F150 pickup truck?

I have a 1990 Ford F150 pickup truck and I need some help with the installation of a water pump. The engine is a 4.9 straight 6 cylinder. Can anyone tell me how to change the water pump and how hard is it to do.. Any help would be appreciated..I need help with installing a water pump on my Ford F150 pickup truck?
here is a website that will help you.I need help with installing a water pump on my Ford F150 pickup truck?
You might want to take the fan off to make it much easier to work on. I don't think it's hard, just time consuming. Line the bolts up as you take them off that way you know how they go back on. Make sure you get all of the old gasket off and use a good tacky adhesive to put the new gasket on.
Get a manual from local parts store for truck. About $15.00.
You will need to remove the fan first I think the bolt are on the inside they are a pain but it can be don , Remove belts and R/R water pump clean surface with putty knife or small wire brush put gasket on pump with permeates both sides and install good luck hope this helps.
Get yourself a Haynes or Chilton repair manual at Autozone, Pep boys, etc.



Make sure you clean the old gasket material completely off the block before you mount the new pump. If not, you'll leak and have to do it all over again.
if you are going to get a manual get a Chilton manual they are better. Haynes has bought Chilton but you can still get Chilton's manuals through Napa auto parts stores

No comments:

Post a Comment